Potatoes are easier to store and cook than other vegetables. Quality potatoes can last weeks.
In supermarkets and weekly markets, aim for clean, sturdy potatoes without cuts or discoloration.
Storing homegrown potatoes efficiently is also important.
Rotten potatoes smell unpleasant and can spoil the batch.
1. Watermelon juice helps maintain hydration and electrolyte balance, which is crucial for health. It also contains electrolytes like potassium and magnesium, which help balance the body.
1. Store in a cool and dry place: Store Potatoes in a cold, dry, and well-ventilated environment. They must avoid bright light.
2. Avoid Storing Around Kitchen Appliances:If you were storing potatoes under the sink or around appliances, you may have to reconsider because it could spoil them. These places are mostly exposed to high temperatures that are unsuitable for potato storage
3. Avoid washing before storing: Before storing, avoid washing potatoes, as they may rot early. A moist environment can quickly degrade potatoes. Moisture shortens potato shelf life. Wait to wash them till cooking.
4. Discard the rotten potato immediately: Sprouting, greening, and rotting are prevalent in potatoes. You must regularly inspect potatoes for deterioration. Remove bad potatoes from the batch before they infect others.
5. Never store cut potatoes in the open: Avoid storing cut potatoes in the open. Air would make them brown or grey. Cover whole or sliced peeled potatoes with cold water to keep them fresh. Use them only when cooking.